Thursday, December 13, 2012

Extra-Credit Opportunity

From a friend of mine:

"My ten-year-old niece, Rosalind, has started a petition at Change.org to ask [The Big Bang Theory], who routinely has cameos from smart guys--scientists, astronomers, etc.--to bring on some smart women. To date, the lady cameos have all been mostly models (she tells me. I don't watch the show).

"Here's the link: The Big Bang Theory--Bring Women Scientists on the Show.

"Would you be kind enough to take about 30 seconds and sign the petition?  I know it's far from your agenda today, but it would make a  budding community organizer's holiday season. And maybe make TV a little more aspirational for our daughters/sisters/cousins...

"She needs 25 more signatures to get it to the next level on their site....

"I really appreciate it."


So, there you have it, true believers. Let's put it this way: it took a 10-year-old girl to point out what I should have recognized; I will be signing, and I hope you do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment