There are two AP English Language and Composition teachers: McGhee (room P10) and Kaiser (room P5). Remember, 10 is the new 2, and 5 is the new 139. In other words, McGhee is still in the same place he was (old P2), and Ms. Kaiser is in the same place she originally was (the old P139). Got it? Good.
All of the handouts for AP regardless of with whom you attend class are the same. The syllabus attached here with McGhee's name is the same syllabus as Ms. Kaiser's.
Even their very tutoring hours are the same.
AP and IB Supplies!!!
Each student should have:
· A large (1 ½ or 2 inch) 3-ring binder for class notes, handouts, etc.
· Tab separators for sections in the binder
· 3x5 inch note cards (400 will carry you to the end of the year)
· A box or other containment system for the note cards
· Three highlighters of different colors
· Pens (black or blue ink only), pencils, and plenty of loose leaf notebook paper for notes and writing assignments
The following items are optional, but it would be a good idea to have:
· A good college dictionary
· A style manual that contains the guidelines for MLA (for example, A Writer’s Reference by Diana Hacker contains formatting and grammar guides for writing academic papers)
· A pocket calendar or appointment planner